To utilize Espresso as your FTP or SFTP client to access your hosted files and content at Media Temple (MT), you will need to follow the steps below. These instructions are based on a basic (gs) hosting account, and may differ for their more powerful VPS type hosting solutions.
- Log into MT and after clicking on the primary domain and reaching the Control Panel, click on the Server Guide.
- Launch Espresso and either create a new project or open an existing one. Now click on Server Settings icon in the left panel. You will have the option to give it a nickname. Espresso will require three pieces of information for SFTP access: Server, Username and Password.
- The Server is referred to as the Hostname in MT. It will look something like this “xxxxxxx.gridserver.com”.
- The Username is referred to as Server Administrator in MT, and is generally just the primary domain name in it’s simplest form (i.e., sampledomain.com).
- Password is simply the primary password used by the Server Administrator for the MT account
- If you are using SFTP rather than just FTP, be sure to select it in the Protocol drop down menu just below the Nickname. Do so will also change the Port from 21 to 22.
- When you are done click the Save button near the top-right of the input form you are working in.
- You will now see a little cloud icon in the left panel followed by the nickname you gave this particular server. Click on the icon, and then click on the Browse icon in the top-right corner of the Espresso application (it is a cloud with a magnifying glass). You should now see the basic folders for this hosting account (i.e., data, domains, etc.).